Jeff represents numerous patients, doctors and marijuana businesses throughout the state of Colorado and has advised people from all over the country. He advises both state and local governments in their development of medical marijuana business regulations. Jeff is widely considered one of Colorado’s leading marijuana attorneys.
Since the passage of Amendment 64, which legalized adult possession and cultivation of marijuana in Colorado, Jeff has been working with state and local officials in developing regulations for the retail marijuana industry and was appointed by the state to participate in the rule-making progress.
Over the last several years, Jeff has been working with the U.S. Congress to assist with an analysis of the Federal Code to determine the various areas which are impacted by the state marijuana laws in hopes of reconciling state and federal law in the near future.
Jeff now shares his knowledge and experience with other attorneys and has given several lectures on various aspects of marijuana law, including:
• December 2011, Inns of Court, Denver Chapter: Marijuana Law Debate with Attorney General John Suthers;
• September 2012, Colorado Bar Association: Marijuana and Social Media;
• November 2012, Human Services Network of Colorado: Medical Marijuana Issues for Human Service Providers;
• July 2013, Colorado Bar Association: Marijuana and Banking Issues;
• July 2013, Colorado Bar Association: The Business of Marijuana;
• October 2013, Denver Law Club: Recreational Marijuana: Legal Considerations;
• December 2013, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association: Changes in Marijuana Laws and Your Practice;
• December 2014, Longmont Realtor’s Association: Marijuana and Landlord/Tenant Issues;
• March 2015, Foxmoor Continuing Education Cannabis Summit: Marijuana Business Licensing and Regulatory Compliance;
• March 2015, National Business Institute: Marijuana Business Legal Considerations;
• October 2015, Nevada Justice Association Annual Retreat: Sword and Shield Tort Law Concerning the Legality of Marijuana;
• November 2015, National Business Institute: Marijuana Business Legal Considerations Part 2;
• November 2015: University of Colorado, Guest Lecturer: The Practical and Ethical Aspects of Representing Marijuana Businesses;
• December 2015, Colorado Bar Association: Medico Legal Aspects of Legalized Marijuana;
• May 2016, American Intellectual Property Association, Marijuana Labeling Laws and Regulations.
• June 2016: National Business Institute: Marijuana and Local Government: What You Need to Know;
• June 2016: DRI Seminars at the University of Colorado School of Law: Marijuana Law, Developing Business, Regulation, Law and Policy;
• September 2016, National Business Institute: Marijuana Law The Ultimate Guide.